The Cayman Islands Crisis Centre invites applications for the following position:
RELIEF WORKER (Full/Part-time)
The successful candidate will provide support to CICC clients.
This position requires flexibility. Relief Workers work during the week (mostly evenings and over night shifts) as well as on weekends and public holidays and provide emergency relief often at a short notice.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Answers and responds to 24-H Crisis Hotline calls
- Completes Intake and Exit Interviews
- Assesses clients’ needs and makes referrals to community agencies
- Provides advocacy and intervenes in crises
- Provides coaching and intervention to resolve conflict; assists clients with developing personal safety plans
- Documents and maintains clients’ files and communication in accordance with agency standards
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures
- Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or related field preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with victims of domestic violence, crisis intervention, counseling, resolving conflict and time-management skills preferred but not essential
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as on own initiative
- Fluency in other languages is an asset
Compensation: Salary CI$15-CI$18.00 p/hour commensurate on experience, plus statutory benefits.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply by sending a cover letter, resume and two professional references via email to: email@example.com Deadline for receipt of resumes is 15th of September 2020. Because of the nature of our business, only female candidates should apply.
We thank all for applying, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.