CASE COORDINATOR (Full-time)
To provide advocacy and support to abused women who reside at the 24-Hour Emergency Shelter facility. To accomplish clients’ care by assessing treatment needs, developing, monitoring, and evaluating treatment plans and progress as well as providing counseling to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Desired working hours are Monday – Friday from 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM however, due to 24/7 operations, this position requires flexibility
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Admits new clients, conducts orientations
- Determines clients’ requirements by completing intake interviews
- Determines need for therapeutic and psycho-social evaluations, reviews treatment objectives
- Establishes treatment programmes by setting schedules, coordinating provided services and resource
- Monitors cases by observing and evaluating treatments and response
- Advocates for needed services, obtains additional resources; intervenes in crisis
- Conducts and facilitates individual and support group meetings
- Ensures all agency policies and procedures are implemented
- Provides coaching and intervention to resolve conflict
- Prepares clients’ discharge by reviewing and amplifying discharge plans
- Answers to Crisis Hotline calls
- Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or related field (Master’s Degree preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of case management principals, domestic violence, and sexual assault
- Crisis intervention and counseling skills
- Experience working with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Ability to work in a stressful environment; time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written skills; communication skills and resolving conflict skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as on own initiative
Compensation: Salary CI$15-CI$18.00 p/hour commensurate on experience, plus statutory benefits.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply by sending a cover letter, resume and two professional references via email to: email@example.com Deadline for receipt of resumes is August 21, 2020.
Because of the nature of our business, only female candidates should apply. We thank all for applying, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.