The Cayman Islands Crisis Centre invites applications for the following position:
The successful candidate will be responsible for improving CICC’s visibility and public awareness, by developing, organizing and delivering presentations about domestic violence, sexual assault, child sexual abuse to name a few; growing and maintaining community partnerships; as well as providing reliable support to victims of domestic violence. The working hours are between 7.00am-10.00pm Monday-Friday, however this position requires flexibility. The post holder may be required to work on weekends based on requests for community presentations and to
accommodate other activities.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Develops, organizes, and delivers presentations and workshops to improve public awareness and educate community on issues of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault, etc.
• Enhances CICC’s visibility, provides presentations about programmes and services offered
• Regularly engages with other service providers to grow, convene, manage, and maintain effective community partnerships, involves in relevant committees
• Develops and distributes monthly newsletter and manages CICC social media and website
• Provides crisis intervention and prevention services for victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse
• Provides psycho-educational sessions seminars, workshops and presentations focused on addressing domestic violence, sexual abuse, trauma, etc.
• Interacts with clients, co-workers and visitors, interns and volunteers in a respectful, nonviolent, and non-controlling manner and maintains professional and appropriate boundaries
• Assists in answering the CICC Hotlines calls
• Provides secretarial and administrative support including running errands
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in a human/social service field
• In-depth knowledge of domestic violence, sexual assault, child safeguarding
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with domestic violence victims and/or in a community service setting
• Ability to conduct public speaking engagements, excellent oral and written skills, strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, computer literate
• Must possess sensitivity, maturity, dedication, strong work ethics and ability to work in a stressful environment
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as on own initiative and with little supervision
• Candidate must possess a current driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Compensation: Salary CI$15.00-CI$18.00 p/hour plus statutory benefits.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply by sending a cover letter, resume and two professional references via email to: email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of resumes is the 1st of July 2021. Any applications received after this time will not be eligible for consideration. We thank all for applying, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
View or download the PDF – https://www.cicc.ky/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Job-Posting-OC-June-2021.pdf