Thursday March 5 2020. The Cayman Islands Crisis Centre (CICC) is has opened registration for the 5th Annual ‘A Walk In Her Shoes’ which will take place from 5:00pm on Thursday 5th March on Market Street at Camana Bay. In celebration of International Women’s Day, this event aims to raise funds and awareness for the Crisis Centre and our mission to end the cycle of domestic violence.
Gentlemen are encouraged to participate to help raise funds for the shelter by wearing heels to ‘walk in her shoes’. Individuals and local companies come together at this event to help raise awareness of the CICC and our continued efforts to provide support for local victims, as domestic violence does not discriminate against age, gender, race, ethnicity, economic status or sexual orientation.
How does it work?
- Sign up online as a team or individual – CI$30 (US$35) per person. Email email@example.com to register
- Get friends, family and employers to donate to support participants. Sponsor sheet available here.
- Each participant will walk a maximum of 5 laps (a minimum of 1 lap).
- For every $150 a participant raises, 1 lap will be removed (ie: if participant raises $450, you only have to walk 2 laps)
- Wear a pair of ladies shoes. The more bling the better!
- Take it up a notch…paint your toes, throw on a wig or show off a dress!
- Get all of your friends to sign up and participate too!
For more information about the Cayman Islands Crisis Centre visit www.cicc.ky. The 24 hour crisis line is always available at 943-CICC (2422).
2019 A Walk In Her Shoes Video – https://youtu.be/pQmk-DEsKv8